SEASONAL BRIDGE & TUNNEL OFFICER (BTO) PROGRAM
Spring and Summer 2013
(DEADLINE February 11, 2013)
The principal responsibility of Seasonal BTO’s is the collection of tolls at the Marine Parkway and Cross Bay Bridges. Please note that the assignments available are located at the Marine Parkway and Cross Bay Bridges only. Seasonal BTO’s are required to work in all weather and climate conditions and must be able to lift and to carry items of varying weight and size safely through toll facilities including lanes with active vehicular traffic. To ensure that candidates can perform the essential functions of the position of Seasonal BTO and to ensure the safety of the individual employee, other MTA Bridges and Tunnels employees, and the riding public, MTA Bridges and Tunnels has established certain medical, physical and psychological qualification standards.
To qualify you must:
- be at least 18 years of age.
- possess a high school diploma or GED by the date of the first day of work.
- possess a valid unrestricted New York State driver license.
- be a U.S. Citizen and be a New York State Resident.
- be available for full-time work, including weekends, holidays, evenings and overtime as assigned.
- have good communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply an Employment Application must be submitted by February 11, 2013 via USPS mail or E-mail:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
333 West 34th Street, 8th Floor
New York, New York 10001-2402
E-mail Address: TempBTO@mtabt.org
Put your first and last name in the subject line
Will be made utilizing a lottery system for available positions. All qualified candidates will be notified of the results.
All selected candidates will begin training/employment on or about April 1, 2013.
- Google Translate