How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Floor
New York, New York 10004
E-mail: email@example.com (Email Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||3/18/2013|
|Job Title:||Manager, Project Quality Programs|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction / Quality Management Division|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
The Manager of Project Quality Programs is responsible for the following:
- Manage and perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) oversights of Capital, Operating, Small Business Mentoring, and Sandy Recovery Programs at the project or site locations of Design Consultants, Construction Management Consultants, Contractors, Testing Laboratories, Fabrication Facilities, and Manufacturing Facilities.
- Provide expert Quality Assurance/Quality Control direction, guidance, and support to Engineering and Construction Department Facility Engineers, Project Managers, Consultants, and Contractors.
- Review and approve Consultant and Contractor Quality Management Systems Manuals.
- Review and/or approve Consultant and Contractor Inspection and Testing Plans, Drawings, Specifications, and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Review Change Orders with possible Errors/Omissions to determine if the Project Managers correctly identified Errors/Omissions and if the analysis was performed correctly.
- Perform Payment Verification audits of Contractor Progress Payments.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of Engineering, Construction, Inspections, and Testing as it pertains to Quality Assurance or Quality Control and the application of NYSDOT and other National Roadway and Highway Standards obtained through a minimum of twelve (12) years practical and technical experience; three (3) years of which have been in a managerial capacity
- A valid driver’s license
- New York State Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- Certification in Transportation Engineering Technology / Highway Construction from NICET is strongly preferred.
- The ability to independently perform and manage field QA/QC activities related to engineering and construction projects
- The ability to respond to changing priorities in dynamic operating environment
- The ability to implement new and innovative Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices
- The ability to communicate and deal effectively with all levels of Program Management, Consultants, and Contractors to effectively achieve Engineering and Construction Department goals and objectives
- Google Translate