How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that this office receives your resume by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 -Send your resume by mail, fax, or e-mail:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 22nd Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||01/14/2013|
|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction|
|Work Location:||Various Locations|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA
Under the direction of senior engineering personnel, administer and coordinate engineering design and construction activities for the Authority’s Capital and Major Maintenance projects. Review and manage consultant design work, conduct field inspections, prepare report and perform related duties.
Note: this position may require extensive travel throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
- Ability to administer and coordinate engineering design and construction of the Capital and major Maintenance projects from inception to completion in order to maintain the MTA B&T facilities in a state of good repair
- Extensive knowledge of consultant contract selection, construction contract organization and principles, contract language, and construction management
- Proven record of construction inspection/supervision
- Experience in writing Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- New York State PE license is desired
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in engineering, architecture, and 5 years of satisfactory experience in the planning, administrering or expediting of engineering design and or construction, or coordinating very large multi-faceted engineering/construction projects
- A driver’s license valid in the state of New York is required
- Google Translate