To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 22nd Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||6/21/2013|
|Job Title:||Deputy Chief Engineer, Program Support Services|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
The Deputy Chief Engineer, Program Support Services is responsible for all technical functions to support E&C’s program delivery and to ensure that technical design, facility inspection, design review, permitting and computer based engineering applications meet the highest standards and are performed in accordance with B&T/E&C’s latest objectives and requirements. This position directs the design work performed by in-house design staff, as well as the review of design work performed by consultants to ensure that designs, plans and specifications reflect the sound application of engineering principles and to ensure that the functions of multiple disciplines are fully coordinated. The Deputy Chief Engineer also directs and coordinates inspections of B&T’s facilities and equipment to identify areas requiring repair and maintenance, in accordance with the requirements of NYS Biennial Bridge and Tunnel Inspection Program. The Deputy Chief Engineer, PSS must act on behalf of the Chief Engineer, when required, demonstrating a broad knowledge of all E&C functions and detailed familiarity with all B&T facilities, as well as on-going programs including: Capital, Major Maintenance, Sandy Recovery, Small Business Mentoring, Bridge and Tunnel Preservation, Security, AET, Special Projects, and Technology Programs. Key responsibilities also include the direction of specialized studies and projects in the areas of traffic safety and engineering, computerized design systems and research and development.
- A Masters Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field is desirable.
- Experience in budget management, capital planning and program management.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in engineering, and minimum of twenty years experience in engineering design, project management and construction, at least 15 years in a managerial capacity.
- New York State PE license required.
- Broad based technical knowledge in various engineering/architectural disciplines, knowledge of methods of organizational and technical management as well as technical codes and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Google Translate