To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Please make sure to submit asking salary with your resume. Please add this information in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
3 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
4 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
5 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||June 28, 2013|
|Job Title:||Supervisory Engineer, Inspection Programs|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction/ Program Support Services|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway or Randall’s Island, New York|
Min $ 71,709
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Provides oversight of the Structural Inspection Program and work performed by consultants to ensure that Facilities are inspected in accordance with acceptable NYSDOT requirements and technical standards and that any related design documents are correct, accurate, clear and of the highest quality to allow for proper bidding, a good construction project and a safe facility. Prepares the Biennial Bridge Inspection RFP’s. Performs in-house design when required, and provides technical support on construction projects. Responsibilities include project management of consultants performing biennial bridge inspection and tunnel inspections.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering with twelve years relevant experience in structural engineering, five years of which is in a management capacity, with knowledge of engineering practices and principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering/structural principles, strong experience in structural design/analysis
- Detailed knowledge of building laws and codes and strong knowledge of methods of construction
- High level of technical skills to result in proper and effective designs
- Good oral and written communication skills to inter-relate with consultants, contractors and all levels of Authority staff
- Ability to manage numerous and diverse projects so that critical time constraints are met
- Ability to respond to urgent needs and to other demanding situations
- Knowledge of various computer software (Word, Excel, Access, MicroStation, etc.)
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with twelve years of relevant experience
- New York State PE license
- Valid driver’s license
- Google Translate