To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 22nd Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||7/26/2013|
|Job Title:||Assistant Facility Engineer|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction|
|Work Location:||Various Locations|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Under the direction of the Facility Engineer, with wide latitude for the exercise of initiative and independent judgement, the Assistant Facility Engineer (a licensed Professional Engineer) directs and administers the technical work involved in overseeing multiple Capital and Operating (Major Maintenance, Painting, Capitalized Assets, etc.) projects. Assistant Facility Engineer responsibilities include but are not exclusive to: day to day construction activities, project designs, direction to junior technical staff members and various administrative project management tasks (i.e. amendment processing, change order review, payments processing, etc.). Assistant Facility Engineer must have the capacity to render detailed analyses (technical or administrative) under demanding, urgent and sometimes emergency situations.
- Broad based engineering knowledge in the areas of planning, design development and construction scheduling, estimating, management and inspection obtained through a minimum of twelve years practical experience in engineering/construction and design management; five years of which have been a managerial capacity
- A proven record of project management of complex multidiscipline engineering design and construction projects. Ability to develop and manage budgets and schedules
- Ability to coordinate and direct multiple construction/design projects simultaneously
- Ability to define, foresee and resolve problems that will affect progress of construction projects
- Effective oral and written communications skills in order to deal with principal officers of government agencies, consultants, contractors and subcontractors
- Masters degree in engineering is desirable
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from and accredited college in engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, and seven years of full-time satisfactory experience in the planning, administering or expediting of engineering design, and/or construction, or coordinating a very large engineering project, two years of which must have been in an administrative managerial, executive or supervisory capacity.
- New York State PE license is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Google Translate