To be considered for this vacancy, follow these four easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that this office receives your resume by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||10/1/2013|
|Job Title:||Supervisory Engineer, Structural|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction / Program Support Services|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway, New York|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA
Provides oversight of the engineering/structural work performed by consultants to ensure that it is properly designed in accordance with acceptable technical standards and that the final design documents are correct, accurate, clear and of the highest quality to allow for proper bidding, a good construction project and a safe facility. Performs in-house design and provides review of submittals, shop drawings, and technical support on construction projects. Responsibilities may include project management of consultants performing biennial bridge inspection and tunnel inspections. Oversee staff who perform in-house design work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering with twelve years relevant experience, five years of which is in a management capacity, with knowledge of engineering practices and principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering/structural principles, strong experience in structural design/analysis
- Detailed knowledge of building laws and codes and strong knowledge of methods of construction
- High level of technical skills to result in proper and effective designs
- Good oral and written communication skills to inter-relate with consultants, contractors and all levels of Authority staff
- Ability to manage numerous and diverse projects so that critical time constraints are met
- Ability to respond to urgent needs and to other demanding situations
- Knowledge of various computer software (Word, Excel, Access, MicroStation, etc.)
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with five years of relevant experience
- New York State PE license
- Valid driver’s license in the State of New York is required
- Google Translate