To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 22nd Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||June 19, 2013|
|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction|
|Work Location:||Various Locations|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Under the direction of senior engineering personnel, provides oversight of the mechanical engineering work performed by consultants to ensure that it is properly designed, in accordance with code and recommended technical standards. Ensures that the final design documents are correct, accurate and of the highest quality to allow for proper bidding and construction. Performs in-house design and provides review of submittals, shop drawings, and technical support during construction. Responsibilities may include design management, site surveys, calculations and analysis of existing mechanical systems and equipment supporting plant and equipment requirements of B&T’s nine facilities and preparation of complete mechanical design and specification packages..
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with five years relevant experience with knowledge of engineering design, practices and principles.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles including extensive knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression systems and ability to troubleshoot systems.
- Knowledge of building laws and codes; strong knowledge of methods of construction and local and nationally recognized safety codes, (NYS Energy Conservation, Fire Fuel and Gas, Mechanical, Plumbing, Building and Existing Building Codes, OSHA, ADA, EPA, NFPA, AASHTO and NYS DOT Standards).
- High level of technical skills to result in proper and effective designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface effectively with consultants, contractors and all levels of Authority staff.
- Ability to manage numerous and diverse projects so that critical time constraints are met.
- Ability to respond to urgent needs and field emergencies.
- Computer literate in various software including Microsoft Office and CADD (Micro Station).
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with five years of relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Google Translate