How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that this office receives your resume by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Make sure to include Current Salary and Asking Salary with your resume
5 - Send your resume by mail, fax, or e-mail:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
or fax to 646-252-7949 or Email Apply@mtabt.org
|Resume Due Date:||January 23, 2013|
|Job Title:||Manager, Communications and Facility Support|
|Work Location:||Randall's Island|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
Responsibilities include but not limited to managing projects relating to fleet operations and maintenance. Responsible for the management, maintenance and repair of the authorities two-way radio communications hand-held and mobile radio system. Responsible for management of over (1000) radios and radio repeaters authority wide. Responsible for the in-tunnel communication system at the HLC and QMT, and resulting coordination with Verizon, FDNY, NYPD, EMS, and OEM to ensure system operability. Manage and administer the authorities total fuel management system at (9) locations including the fuel terminal supply. Ensures all fueling locations and underground storage tanks are in compliance with NYS DEC regulations. Responsible for administration of the Authority’s driver’s license monitoring program for (1400) drivers and coordinating CDL medical exams with Superintendents and Human Resources. Administration and tracking of non revenue EZ Pass tags for all Authority vehicles. Responsible for MTA HQ Non-Revenue Fleet Council compliance and reporting. Manage B&T emergency inventory control system to provide OCCC and OEM with Authority resources. Writes and reviews technical specifications, purchase requisitions, cost estimates and other information necessary for contract procurement. Directs contractors in the performance of work, reviews and verifies contractor invoices for payment. Attends qualification hearings to clarify contractor responsibilities and evaluate contractor qualifications as they pertain to the project. Drafts, collects and maintains all necessary reports as may be required for the management of projects. Performs field inspection and may be required to work overnight and weekend work to evaluate the performance of contractors on various projects, provides support services for emergencies (24 hour on call) as they relate to the project.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in engineering, business administration, or public administration, and five years of full-time satisfactory experience in the planning, administering, expediting or coordinating projects, two years of which must have been in an administrative managerial, executive or supervisory capacity; or
- A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and nine years of experience as described in "1" above; two year of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory capacity; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. An accredited master's degree in one of the disciplines described in "1" above, a law degree, or a valid New York State license as a professional engineer may be substituted for one year of the required experience. However, all candidates must have the two years of the administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
- Must possess a driver’s license in the state of primary residence and valid in NYS.
Specialized Knowledge (Preferred):
- A bachelor degree preferred.
- Knowledge of two way radio communications, equipment programming and maintenance.
- Knowledge of fuel management systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of INFOR Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Proficiency in computer software including spreadsheet, word processing and database
- Google Translate