How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Human Resources Services - Resume Review
2 Broadway, 24th Floor
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||3/13/2013|
|Job Title:||Labor Counsel|
|Work Location:||Randall’s Island, New York|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Labor Counsel functions under the direction of the Director of Labor Relations, with latitude for discretion and independent judgment in handling Labor Relations matters. This position includes acting as counsel in litigation for the Authority, including the following:
- Conduct labor litigation, grievance and arbitration hearings, employee discipline hearings, trials, and appeals on behalf of the Authority at various court and administrative forums.
- Work with outside counsel in federal, state, and administrative proceedings.
- Draft legal documents, including but not limited to stipulations and agreements.
- Provide legal guidance and direction to management staff in matters of contract interpretation, discipline, and employment topics.
- Conduct and participate in labor management meetings.
- Serve on the Authority’s bargaining team and provide legal and technical assistance in collective bargaining matters.
The candidate must have extensive litigation experience, including appearances before the Public Employment Relations Board (PERB), New York City Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings (OATH), or similar tribunals.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Any qualified individual meeting the knowledge, experience, and supervisory requirements detailed herein; including:
- A J.D. degree is required.
- Familiarity and experience with the Taylor Law and Civil Service law
- Familiarity with labor arbitration and labor arbitrators in the New York region
- Extensive knowledge of employment laws, such as FLSA, FMLA, EEO law, etc.
- Ability to handle a broad array of legal matters, such as wages and benefits, drug and alcohol testing issues, CDL issues, ethics, etc.
- A driver's license valid in the State of New York is required.
- Google Translate