To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 22nd Floor
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail to: Apply@mtabt.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||June 30, 2013|
|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway|
Min $ 67,778
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
The E-ZPass group within Revenue Management requires a Business Analyst to support multiple products and services that are now being offered to B&T E-ZPass customers. With the implementation of B&T’s all electronic tolling (AET) toll billing pilot program, the introduction of the MTA Reload Card, the addition of a pay per trip (PPT) payment plan, and the availability of ACH as a payment method, customers now have multiple ways to pay their tolls and manage their E-ZPass accounts. These new products and services require a business analyst who has both technical and analytical experience to retrieve data from an offline database and then analyze, trend and interpret data, make recommendations to improve performance of the products and services, forecast to provide input for budgeting, and create “what if” scenarios. The results of these analyses can potentially result in revenue preservation/mitigation of revenue loss.
The Business Analyst will be required to learn the fundamentals of E-ZPass – the business rules, MTA-specific policies, customer accounts and transponders, plan offerings, the file exchanges among InterAgency Group (IAG) members, violations processing, in addition to AET policies and processes. The analyst will also be required to learn the structure of the E-ZPass NY offline database (NYOLAP) in order to develop and structure SQL data queries. The database has multiple functional areas including account holder information, violations data, toll billing data, and financial data. The analyst will use SQL queries and recurring reports to retrieve data for analyzing and reporting on various processes.
The Business Analyst will be an independent contributor, reporting to the Director of the E-ZPass customer services group, and will have the latitude to make recommendations to improve performance, minimize risk, and preserve revenue. The analyst will need to communicate with various levels of staff throughout the organization and with our CSC contractor.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A master’s degree from an accredited college in a business related field (economics, finance, quantitative analysis), public administration/ transportation, and/or an information technology field (MIS, CIS) and 2-3 years experience in query creation, data extraction, and data analyses.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in a business related field (economics, finance, quantitative analysis), public administration/ transportation and/or an information technology field (MIS, CIS) and 3-5 years experience in query creation, data extraction, and data analyses.
- Strong query writing experience required;
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in summarizing results of analyses;
- PC proficiency with experience in Microsoft Office applications, with strong experience in Excel;
- Knowledge of the E-ZPass electronic toll collection program and all electronic tolling helpful but not required.
- Google Translate