How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Please make sure to submit current salary with your resume.
3 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below
4 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
5 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Floor
New York, New York 10004
|Resume Due Date:||4/8/2013|
|Job Title:||Manager, Capital Planning|
|Department/Division:||Planning & Budget|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate's salary and work history.)|
Oversee regional planning and policy efforts for MTA Bridges and Tunnels. Manage and direct consultant teams that will assess potential policy changes (e.g., toll rates) for the Authority. Manage planning staff in the conduct of and provide oversight for market research initiatives (e.g. Origin and Destination Surveys). Working with the Authority's Engineering & Construction department, administer and manage capital planning efforts for MTA Bridges and Tunnels with MTA HQ, including the development/amendment of capital program plans. Assess, with support from the Authority's Engineering and Construction Department, the Authority's capital investment needs for the next twenty years and produce economic and policy justifications for these investments, while managing B&T staff in this effort. Administer and coordinate for B&T responses to inquiries and requests from HQ staff about proposed capital plans, project justifications and supporting condition/financial data so as to ensure HQ approval. Represent B&T on Technical Advisory Committees for major capital projects planned by other regional transportation agencies (including B&T's sister MTA agencies).
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A Master's degree from an accredited college in economics, finance, planning, business administration, management science, operations research, organization behavior, industrial psychology, statistics, personnel or public administration, psychology, sociology, human resources development, or a closely related field; and,
- At least 3 years of satisfactory full-time professional planning and/or capital budget experience working with any of the following:
- Budget of a large public or private concern in budget, economic, or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research
- Management of methods analysis, operations research, organization research, or program evaluation
- Personnel administration, public administration, recruitment, position classification, staff development, or related area; or
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 5 years of satisfactory full-time professional experience as described above
Specialized Knowledge (Preferred):5-10 years of progressively responsible experience in public sector policy analysis, project management, capital and/or transportation planning experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills. An advanced degree in public policy or other relevant discipline, plus certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), is also desired. Also required are the ability to synthesize engineering, policy, economic, and legislative and other information.
- Google Translate