How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Make sure to include current salary and asking salary with your resume
3 - Ensure that this office receives your resume by the Due Date provided below.
4 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
5 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24nd fl.
New York, New York 10004
Email To: Apply@mtabt.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||October 16, 2012|
|Job Title:||Maintenance Superintendent|
Earnings Potential :
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Hay Points:||COM 594|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Under the direction of the General Manager and/or Director, Central Maintenance, with significant latitude for handling day-to-day maintenance operation, serves as Maintenance Superintendent of a bridge, tunnel, fleet or RI complex. This position directs and manages routine maintenance and repair of the facility including, but not limited to, the service building, grounds, roadway, telephones, signage and lighting. This involves extensive liaison work both inter-and-intra-departmental, including coordination with the Chief Maintenance Officer and the Engineering and Construction department as well as overseeing and ensuring contractors, vendors, and support departments meet established deadlines and comply with project specifications directed at enhancing the facility’s ability to meet its goals and the changing needs of its customers.
An essential skill is the ability to project facility needs and prioritize and organize work in a manner that is sensitive to the day-to-day traffic and toll operation as well as the ability to use both equipment and personnel resources in a cost effective manner. In addition, this position has responsibility for direct management of represented employees in several maintenance titles as well as responsibility for an automotive fleet, material ordering and inventory control for both a general maintenance and automotive shop.
Specialized Knowledge Preferred:
- Supervisory and technical experience in the areas of bridge and tunnel maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of bridge and tunnel systems such as lighting, communications, pumps, signal controls, power distribution & lift spans, and automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of B&T Rules and Regulations and policies.
- Ability to manage a workforce in a manner that is consistent with the Authority’s rules and regulations and employ efficient and effective maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness for Sprinkler Systems and Standpipes, Air Compressors, Flammable Gases and Safe Fuel Handling.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- This position is open to TBTA employees who are employed in the title of Bridge and Tunnel Supervisor, or permanently employed in the title of Maintainer (Bridges and Tunnels) Level 3, or,
- Any qualified individual meeting the knowledge, experience and supervisory/managerial requirements detailed herein; including,
- Baccalaureate degree and seven years relevant maintenance experience, at least 2 years of which are in a supervisory/managerial capacity, or
- In the absence of a baccalaureate degree, five years of supervisory/managerial experience, and three years of relevant maintenance experience may be substituted.
- Must have a driver’s license valid in the State of New York.
- Google Translate