Extra Service for Independence Day Holiday
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide additional early afternoon service from Penn Station for customers planning to leave work early on Thursday, July 2 and Friday, July 3 for the start of the Independence Day holiday. The three additional Hamptons/Montauk summer service trains that normally run on Fridays only will also operate on Thursday, July 2.
The LIRR will be operating on a regular Saturday schedule on July 4th.
Eight extra trains will depart Penn Station between 2:02 PM and 3:48 PM on July 2 & 3. The extra service will include: three trains on the Port Jefferson Branch; three on the Babylon Branch; one on the Port Washington Branch to Great Neck; one on the Far Rockaway Branch as detailed below:
Extra Train Service from Penn Station, Thursday & Friday, July 2 & 3
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington
- 2:02 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:22 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
- 2:25 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck
- 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM stopping at Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
Extra Train Service to Hamptons/Montauk on Thursday, July 2
(These trains will also operate on Friday, July 3)
- 1:56 PM from Hunterspoint Avenue arriving Montauk at 4:45 PM. (A 1:53 PM train departs Penn Station to connect with this train at Jamaica.)
- 4:06 PM from Hunterspoint Avenue “The Cannonball” arriving Montauk at 6:48 PM. Hamptons Reserve Service will be offered on Thursday, July 2, and not on Friday, July 3. (A 3:58 PM train departs Penn Station to connect with this train at Jamaica.)
- 5:09 PM from Penn Station arriving Montauk at 8:29 PM. (A 5:11 PM train departs Hunterspoint Avenue to connect with this train at Jamaica.)
North Fork train extended on Thursday & Friday, July 2 & 3:
- The 5:21 PM train from Ronkonkoma to Yaphank will be extended to operate to Greenport (arriving 6:45 PM) on July 2 & 3.
Cars will also be added to some regularly scheduled eastbound trains.
Saturday, July 4th
On July 4th, the LIRR will operate on a regular Saturday schedule.
For additional information, customers may contact the LIRR’s 24-hour Travel Information Center in Suffolk County at 631-231-LIRR, in Nassau County at 516-822-LIRR or in New York City at 718-217-LIRR. The Travel Information Center’s TDD telephone number for the hearing impaired is 718-558-3022.
- Google Translate