2008 Belmont Stakes Saturday, June 7
President Williams News Conference June 5
Special prices are in effect for Belmont Stakes Day.
General admission: $10
Clubhouse admission: $20
$1 off grandstand admission will not apply.
See Special Belmont Stakes Schedule
LIRR Belmont Park Package Ticket Fares
From New York, Brooklyn and Woodside: one-way $6.00; round-trip $11.00
From Jamaica: one-way $5.00; round-trip $8.00
Round-trip Fares from Long Island with transfer at Jamaica:
- Zone 3 (Rosedale, St. Albans, Queens Village, Hollis) -- $8.00
- Zone 4 (Far Rockaway, Lynbrook, Hempstead, Mineola) -- $9.75
- Zone 7 (Long Beach, Massapequa, Hicksville, Oyster Bay) -- $11.50
- Zone 9 (Babylon, Deer Park, Huntington, Northport) -- $14.50
- Zone 10 (Bay Shore, Sayville, Ronkonkoma, Patchogue, Port Jefferson) -- $17.75
Purchasing Belmont Park Package Tickets
- Buy round-trip tickets in advance at LIRR ticket windows or at gray
or blue ticket machines.
- Press the "Getaways/Packages" button on the first screen
- Select "Belmont Park"
- Pay with ATM/debit, credit cards or cash (gray machines only)
- Only Belmont Park Package tickets will be accepted for train service to and from Belmont Park
- On Belmont Stakes Day, round-trip tickets will not be sold on-board trains
- Other ticket types: CityTicket, Monthly, Weekly and Ten-Trip
tickets are not valid on Belmont Park trains
- Weekly and
monthly ticket holders can use their commuter tickets for travel
to and from Jamaica, but must purchase a Belmont Park ticket prior
to boarding at Jamaica to cover the fare between Belmont Park and
- Weekly and monthly ticket holders can use their commuter tickets for travel to and from Jamaica, but must purchase a Belmont Park ticket prior to boarding at Jamaica to cover the fare between Belmont Park and Jamaica
Leaving the Park (after the Stakes race)
To ensure the safe and orderly boarding of LIRR trains, the MTA Police Department will employ a color-coded train queuing system. LIRR personnel will be assigned at key locations to assist customers. Announcements will provide customers with train departure information. Wait times can range from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Once inside the queuing area, customers can expect wait times of 15-60 minutes. Customers waiting to enter the queuing area can expect longer wait times for trains, possibly up to 2 hours.
Belmont is a special event station and therefore services are limited. The station is not wheel-chair accessible, and there are no elevators and only limited escalator service. It is necessary to use a staircase to and from most train platforms. Please plan accordingly.
LIRR Alcohol Policy
- The MTA Police will be enforcing a no alcohol policy on trains to Belmont Park
- Bags and coolers are subject to search prior to boarding Belmont Park trains at Penn Station and at Jamaica Station
Belmont Park Alcohol Policy
- On Belmont Stakes Day, Saturday, June 7, 2008, no alcoholic beverages of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the Belmont Park facility
The restriction regarding alcohol has been enacted in the interest of patron safety and in an attempt to make sure that people drink responsibly.
Belmont Park Cooler Policy
- All coolers, bags, purses, containers, tote bags, backpacks, etc. are subject to search
- Coolers are restricted to the grandstand backyard area
- Patrons carrying coolers must enter the track at either the paddock or the west end grandstand admission gates
- No glass containers or alcoholic beverages may be brought into the facility
LIRR Travel Tips
- Buy round-trip Belmont Park tickets in advance
- Listen for boarding announcements for trains to and from Belmont Park
- Look for LIRR personnel who will be available to assist you
- No alcohol allowed on LIRR trains
- No alcohol allowed into Belmont Park
- Coolers and bags are subject to search
- This schedule and plan are subject to change
- After the Stakes wait times range from 15 minutes to 2 hours depending on attendance level
For Additional Information
Special timetables for the event are available at LIRR ticket offices and terminals. Customers can also contact the LIRR's 24-hour Travel Information Center at 631-231-LIRR (Suffolk), 516-822-LIRR (Nassau), 718-217-LIRR (NYC) or 718-558-3022 (TDD for hearing impaired).
For more information on races and admission, please call: (516) 488-6000 ext. 4306 or visit the Belmont Stakes website.
- Google Translate