Hamptons Reserve Service - The Best Route to the Hamptons!
- New for 2013!
- What is Hamptons Reserve Service?
- Seasonal Reservations
- Online Reservations
- Phone Reservations
- Ticket Sales
- Boarding Tips
- Seating Chart
- Hamptons Reserve Schedule
- Cell Phone Courtesy
- Join our Mailing List
- Contact Us
New for 2013!
This year, for the first time in our history, the LIRR’s Cannonball will feature non-stop express service from Penn Station direct to the East End! In 94 short minutes you’ll arrive at Westhampton with drink in hand and a short while later at our final destination – Montauk. Now that’s what we call a happy hour (and a half). In addition, new for 2013, the LIRR will offer Westbound Cannonball Service returning on Sunday evenings. Whether coming or going – there’s no faster way to get to your NYC/Hampton destination – unless of course you can fly!
What is Hamptons Reserve Service?
We offer reserved seating on our premier non-stop express Friday afternoon train from Penn Station The Cannonball, to the Hamptons/Montauk and for your return trip on Sundays, you can reserve your seat on the all-new Cannonball West. Customers enjoy a smooth and comfortable ride in our bi-level air-conditioned coaches with ergonomic two-by-two seating. Reservations guarantee your seat and our courteous attendants serve beverages and snacks at your seat.
Cannonball East (Fridays): Hamptons Reserve service with peak rail is $47 before boarding or $54 on-board trains (see fares chart)
Cannonball West (Sundays): Hamptons Reserve service with off-peak rail is $39.75 before boarding or $47 on-board trains (see fares chart)
LIRR one way/round trip tickets are valid for 60 days from date of sale; ten trip tickets are valid for 6 months. Tickets are refundable within 60 days from date of sale, subject to a $10 processing fee. We suggest you purchase ten trip tickets to save time and share with friends!
- Reservations must be guaranteed by providing credit card information.
- Cancellations must be made in advance or your credit card will be charged.
- Once a reservation is made, customers must provide their credit card information to hold the reservation, or cancel their reservation online or by phone with our HR Representative - not voicemail, This is required to allow the LIRR to resell seats.
- Any customer who does NOT cancel by the Thursday (by noon) prior to the scheduled trip, or is not seated in the reserved seat assigned WILL BE CHARGED $20.00 per seat reserved. Customers must let attendants know if they have changed their seat.
Save time and make reservations for the season. Just fax or mail the Seasonal Reservation Form - Cannonball East or Seasonal Reservation Form - Cannonball West to the Reservation office. Advanced payment is required; make your check payable to the "Long Island Rail Road", or provide your credit card number. To ensure receipt of your tickets prior to Memorial Day weekend, orders must be received by May 20. Our reservation agents will make special arrangements to get the tickets to you. We do require a minimum of four trips to be booked. Reservations are filled in the order received, so reserve early to get your favorite seats. Seasonal customers requesting refunds must include a home address. Refunds cannot be sent to business addresses.
Online reservations are accepted beginning the Wednesday prior to the week you plan to travel, through midnight the day before your trip. You may access our Reservation Form to complete this process. A confirming e-mail will be sent either providing your seat number or indicating that you have been placed on a waiting list.
Telephone reservations beginning each Monday, for travel during the same week. Representatives are available Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to Noon and 1 to 4 PM, and Fridays, 9 AM to Noon and Saturdays, 9 AM - 3 PM. Reservations normally sell out early in the week. A waiting list is taken in the order of calls received. If seats become available through cancellations, they will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Please contact our Hamptons Reserve service representatives at 511 – say "LIRR" – then say “More Options” – then say “Hamptons Reserve”.
Reservations must now be guaranteed by providing credit card information. Cancellations must be made in advance or your credit card will be charged. Any customer who does NOT cancel by the Thursday (by noon) prior to the reservation, or is not seated in the reserved seat assigned WILL BE CHARGED $20.00 per seat. Please complete the Cancellation Form or call our reservation line. You will be provided with a cancellation number that you must include with your ticket to be eligible for a refund. By canceling on time, you allow others an opportunity to reserve a seat.
Hamptons Reserve travel requires two tickets: the Hamptons Reserve seat charge and the rail ticket. Hamptons Reserve seat charge tickets are available at ticket windows at Penn Station and on-board the train.
Buy Before Boarding - Save Money
Please be sure to purchase your tickets before boarding, since the on-board fares are higher.
|Hamptons Reserve Service
Seat Charge + Rail Ticket fare = Total Fare:
|Seat Charge||Rail Ticket
$47 - Cannonball East
||$54 - Cannonball East
$47 - Cannonball West
Rail Ticket Sales
Consider buying the discounted ten-trip peak ticket (Cannonball East) or the ten-trip off-peak ticket (Cannonball West), valid for six months. It can be used with the Hamptons Reserve ticket and can be shared with family and friends. In addition to our ticket offices, we offer:
Look for our easy-to-use touch-screen ticket machines to purchase your one-way, round-trip or 10-trip tickets. Most ticket machines accept cash, credit and debit cards (blue machines do not accept cash). They can be found at our terminal stations, as well as Westhampton, Hampton Bays, Southampton and East Hampton. Hamptons Reserve tickets are not available from the machines however they are available seasonally (as noted above), or at Penn Station beginning Tuesday afternoon of your travel week. On Friday afternoons only look for dedicated “Hamptons Reserve” window #12.
One-way, round-trip and ten-trip tickets can be purchased from WebTicket. Postage is free and tickets arrive in 3-5 business days by mail. Hamptons Reserve tickets are not available thru WebTickets.
Waiting Room Hours: East End Stations
Waiting Room Hours
Waiting Room Hours
|Westhampton||5:00 AM - 4:30 PM||5:00 AM - 10:00 PM||5:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Southampton||4:00 AM - 2:00 PM||5:00 AM - 10:00 PM||5:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|East Hampton||5:00 AM - 6:00 PM||5:00 AM - 4:30 PM||5:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
- Hamptons Reserve service cars
(#4055 and #4061) will always be the two rear cars for Cannonball East the first two cars for Cannonball West.
- At Penn Station please walk to the end of the train. Use the Central Corridor (across from Kmart) or the West End Concourse near the 8th Avenue Subways (A, C, E) for easier access to the rear of the train at Penn.
- Car & seat numbers are given when your reservation is filled. See attached seating chart.
- Please properly store your luggage under your seat or in overhead racks and away from the aisles, stairs or vestibule areas.
- Extra luggage space is available near the bar and on the lower level of the car.
- Bicycles are not allowed on the Cannonball train. See LIRR Bicycle Permit Regulations
Hamptons Reserve Schedule
Hamptons Reserve service is available on The Cannonball East, our premier non-stop express train to the Hamptons/Montauk on Friday afternoons and returning on Sundays on The Cannonball West during the summer as follows:
Train Service Schedule
Eastbound (Cannonball East) to Hamptons/Montauk & Westbound (Cannonball West) to Penn Station
| The Cannonball
|Penn Station||4:07 PM||Montauk||6:37 PM|
|Westhampton||5:41 PM||East Hampton||7:01 PM|
|Southampton||6:03 PM||Bridgehampton||7:10 PM|
|Bridgehampton||6:13 PM||Southampton||7:20 PM|
|East Hampton||6:25 PM||Hampton Bays||7:31 PM|
|Montauk||6:48 PM||Westhampton||7:39 PM|
|Penn Station||9:31 PM|
*Special eastbound service, Wednesday, July 3rd. May not include bar service.
**Special Monday westbound service on May 27 and September 2.
Small pets are allowed on the trains, but they must be confined in closed, ventilated containers. Guide dogs for sight-impaired riders are permitted on all trains.
- Please be courteous and aware of others around you when using your cell phone.
- Keep your call short and to the point - fellow customers may be trying to sleep or relax.
- If you must engage in an extended phone conversation, move to the vestibule of the train to minimize impact on others.
- Use silent or vibrating ringer options.
- Refrain from accepting incoming calls when possible. If you must receive a call, keep your cell phone handy so you can answer quickly and keep it short.
- Utilize the cell phone’s caller ID or text messaging features to screen incoming calls. Let your voice mail manage non-urgent calls.
Every year a pre-season letter and summer schedule is sent to our mailing list customers
We hope to see you often this summer and thank you very much for your patronage. If you have any questions, please contact our Hamptons Reserve service representatives by calling 511 - say “LIRR” – then say “More Options” at the LIRR opening greeting – then say “Hamptons Reserve” or send a fax to (718) 558-8440.
- Google Translate