Port Washington Yard Track Extension Project
Option A (preferred)
Requires purchase of property from the Town of North Hempstead
- Extend existing yard Track 1 into the Haven Avenue parking lot (LIRR owned) parallel to the platform tracks.
- Extend existing yard Track 8 into the S. Bayles Avenue parking lot (Town of North Hempstead owned) parallel to the platform tracks.
- Track 8 extension would require purchasing a portion of the S. Bayles lot from the Town.
- In the Haven lot, the existing head-in parking along the LIRR fence could be replaced with parallel parking, resulting in a net loss of 40 spaces.
- In the S. Bayles lot, the parking spaces by the LIRR fence could be shifted eastward, the aisle reduced in width, and the parking lot re-striped, resulting in the same number of spaces after construction.
See here for Option B
- Google Translate