Go Giants, Go Metro-North!
Extra Trains, Cars Added For The Parade in the Canyon of Heroes
On Tuesday, February 7, 11 AM.
Michael Strahan, John Mara, and Eli Manning at the
New York Giants Super Bowl parade on Feb 5, 2008.
(Photo credit: Al Bello/Getty Images)
The New York Giants' second Super Bowl Victory over the Patriots is more than deserving of a parade.
And Metro-North will have extra cars on select trains to accommodate Giants fans heading to the Canyon of Heroes in lower Manhattan, as well as extra trains on all three lines. Customers traveling to the parade are strongly advised to buy their roundtrip rail tickets with MetroCard before boarding at Ticket Machines and ticket offices. The costs for tickets purchased on board trains are significantly higher. (Note: Customers are asked to please refrain from bringing alcohol on our trains.)
(Off-peak tickets are valid on the extra trains listed below.)
Extra Trains Going to The Parade (AM Inbound):
- 8:40 AM express from Poughkeepsie, stopping at New Hamburg, Beacon, Peekskill, Harlem-125th St., and arriving at Grand Central Terminal at 10:10 AM.
- 8:30 AM express from Southeast, stopping at Brewster, Goldens Bridge, Katonah, Mount Kisco, Chappaqua, Pleasantville, North White Plains, Harlem-125th St., and arriving at Grand Central Terminal at 9:49 AM.
New Haven Line:
- 8:47 AM express from New Haven, stopping at Milford, Stratford, Bridgeport, Stamford, Harlem-125th St, and arriving at Grand Central Terminal at 10:20 AM.
Extra Trains Leaving the Parade (PM Outbound)
- 2:40 PM express from Grand Central Terminal, stopping at Beacon, New Hamburg, & Poughkeepsie.
- 3:25 PM express from Grand Central Terminal, stopping at Beacon, New Hamburg, & Poughkeepsie.
- 3:37 PM express from Grand Central Terminal, stopping at White Plains, Goldens Bridge, Purdy's, Croton Falls, Brewster, & Southeast.
New Haven Line:
- 3:23 PM express from Grand Central Terminal, stopping at Stamford, Westport, Fairfield, Fairfield Metro, Bridgeport, Stratford, Milford, & New Haven.
See our schedules page for details on all train times.
Getting to the Canyon of Heroes is easy: Take the 4, 5 or 6 Lexington Avenue trains from Grand Central to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall Station. See http://www.mta.info/nyct/ for details.
- Google Translate