July 28 Update: Weekend Train/Bus Service in Effect to Complete Hudson Line Derailment Restoration Work; Regular Service On Monday, July 29
Our Hudson Line reconstruction effort, following the July 18 derailment of a CSX freight train in the vicinity of Spuyten Duyvil, is nearing completion.
Progress of Work
Over the weekend, Metro-North crews made significant progress in rebuilding 1,500 feet of damaged track. Most of the major work is done with the remaining track work, testing and cleanup underway. We expect to have the second track back in service following Monday’s AM peak service which will provide full operating capacity on the Hudson Line for the first time since the derailment.
On Monday, July 29, regular train service will resume with the first AM Peak train. Until the second track is returned to service, minimal scattered delays are still possible.
For Sunday, July 28, a substitute train/bus schedule will remain in effect in order to get the rebuilding work done quickly and restore full operating capacity.
Details on the weekend train/bus schedule are as follows.
- Hourly Hudson Line train service will operate between Poughkeepsie and Yonkers stations through this weekend.
- For southbound Hudson Line service: trains will serve all stations between Poughkeepsie and Yonkers stations and connect with direct shuttle bus service to the Woodlawn Subway Station for the No. 4 Subway service to 161st-Yankee Stadium and Manhattan.
- For northbound Hudson Line service: customers should take the No. 4 Subway service uptown from Manhattan/161st-Yankee Stadium to the Woodlawn Subway Station. Shuttle bus service will operate directly to Yonkers Station and connect with train service to Poughkeepsie. Customers should allow additional travel time of 45-60 minutes for the connection between Woodlawn and Yonkers. The last bus for Yonkers departs Woodlawn at 1:30 AM.
- There will be no Hudson Line Yankees game-day service. Direct Yankees game-day service will operate on the Harlem Line this weekend, including an extra Harlem Line train.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to use the Harlem Line for points of travel north and south. Hudson Line tickets will be honored on the Harlem Line and most Metro-North Harlem Line stations (see list of stations) provide free weekend parking.
- Ludlow customers should use Yonkers Station.
- Customers between Riverdale and Morris Heights stations should use NYCT subway and/or local bus service. There will be no shuttle bus service available.
- Free subway/bus transfers will be provided.
We appreciate your patience as we continue our reconstruction efforts.
- Google Translate