Fairfield Metro Station Opens on the New Haven Line
New Haven Line customers have received an early holiday "gift" with the opening of Fairfield Metro Station, situated between Bridgeport and Fairfield Station.
This contemporary station, built by the Connecticut Department of Transportation in partnership with the Town of Fairfield, is designed to provide customers with an easy to access station alternative; it is the first new main line station in Fairfield County on the New Haven Line in more than a century.
Fairfield Metro Station was built to foster transit-oriented development and provide additional parking for commuters. Amenities of the ADA-accessible station include:
- A surface lot parking facility that will have approximately 1,400 spaces. (The Connecticut Department of Transportation owns the station and will have a property management firm maintain the entire facility, including the parking lot.)
- High-level (inbound and outbound) platforms which can accommodate up to 12 rail cars.
- Two convenient full service ticket machines (one machine situated at the bottom of the overpass on each platform).
- Full-length canopies on both the inbound and outbound platforms, which also feature benches and fully enclosed platform shelters.
- An enclosed pedestrian overpass for easy passage between platforms; elevators are provided on both platforms.
- Recycling centers located on the platforms.
Every train that stops at Fairfield also will stop at Fairfield Metro; both stations are in the same fare zone. In fact, customers traveling to/from Fairfield Metro Station should use a Fairfield Station ticket until Jan. 2, 2012, at which time Fairfield Metro tickets will become available at ticket machines and ticket offices. Customers who plan to travel regularly to and from Fairfield Metro Station should consider signing up for our ticket-by-mail program, Mail & Ride. Also for customers' convenience, beginning in January there will be bus service (provided by Greater Bridgeport Transit). Taxi service will be available at the station.
For those of you mapping your way to Fairfield Metro, the station address is 61 Constant Comment Way, Fairfield, Connecticut.
For more details, including information on fares and train times, see a December 5th New Haven Line timetable or visit our schedules page.
Customer Information Center: 511 (In CT, call 877-690-5114)