What types of transit options will we look at?
NSAA will look at a number of different types of alternatives for transit service on the North Shore. Alternatives will vary in terms of mode (i.e. bus or train) and alignment. Potential alternatives that might be included are:
- Transportation Systems Management (TSM) - TSM alternatives seek to improve service that already exists by optimizing elements such as scheduling and travel time. Low cost capital improvements could be included.
- Heavy Rail - Transit service similar to the service that previously existed on the ROW, such as the current SIR on the South Shore of Staten Island.
- Light Rail - Transit service similar to the Hudson Bergen Light Rail in Jersey City.
- Bus Service - Additional or modified bus service along the North Shore, possibly utilizing ROW segments.
- Bus Rapid Transit - Fast, efficient bus service within the ROW.
- Ferry Service -Ferry or water taxi service with one or several stops along the North Shore and Lower Manhattan
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
Light Rail Transit (LRT)
- Google Translate