Select Bus Service
S79 Hylan Boulevard SBS
S79 SBS Service began on September 2, 2012. All S79 buses were converted to SBS, making stops approximately every 1/2 mile. Look for the specially-branded low-floor buses. The S59 provides local service on Richmond Avenue and the S78 provides local service on Hylan Boulevard. Both the S59 and S78 operate longer hours and with better frequency. The S79 was rerouted in three places near the Staten Island Mall to make service faster and more direct. At multiple locations along Hylan Boulevard, customers will notice improved sidewalks, crosswalks, pedestrian refuges and other amenities. Customers will continue to pay their fares on the bus in the conventional manner. All these improvements speed S79 SBS service by approximately 20%. During 2013 look for construction of bus stop "pads", pedestrians refuges, and other improvements.
- 15 mile SBS Route; with wider station spacing for S79.
- 2.2 miles of bus lanes between Lincoln Avenue and Clove Road.
- Traffic Signal Priority treatments to speed bus operations and general traffic (2013).
- Streamlined S79 route path at Eltingville Transit Center and at SI Mall, with new stops at some locations.
- Service will be operated with standard low-floor 40-foot buses.
- Buffalo St / Hylan Blvd
- Bay Terr / Hylan Blvd
- Nelson Ave / Hylan Blvd
- Richmond Ave / Hylan Blvd
- Eltingville SIR Station / Richmond Ave
- Genesee Ave / Richmond Ave
- Eltingville Transit Center / Richmond Ave
- Yukon Ave / Richmond Ave
- SI Mall- Sears
- SI Mall- Macys
- Marsh Ave / Westport St
- Hylan Boulevard Corridor Transportation Improvement Study Final Report
- Hylan Boulevard S79 SBS One Year Report