Railroad Running on Regular Weekend/Holiday Schedule December 24-25 and Is Extending Off-Peak Weekend Pricing Through Monday, December 26
December 21st, 2016
MTA Long Island Rail Road is adding 13 trains to its regular eastbound afternoon schedule from Penn Station on Friday, December 23, to accommodate the large number of customers leaving work early to get a head start on their holiday weekend. The additional service from Penn Station will be provided between 12:43 p.m. and 3:41 p.m. on the Ronkonkoma, Babylon, Port Jefferson, Port Washington and Far Rockaway branches. The added trains are as follow:
Ronkonkoma Branch (2 Extra Trains)
- 12:42 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then local stops to Ronkonkoma
- 1:49 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then local stops to Ronkonkoma
Babylon Branch (6 Extra Trains)
- 1:28 p.m. traveling express to Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 1:56 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 2:19 p.m. traveling express to Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 2:32 p.m. traveling express to Lynbrook, then local to Babylon
- 3:00 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 3:31 p.m. traveling express to Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch (3 Extra Trains)
- 2:08 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then local to Huntington
- 2:29 p.m. stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then local to Huntington
- 3:24 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
Port Washington Branch (1 Extra Train)
- 3:40 p.m. stopping Woodside, Flushing-Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch (1 Extra Train)
- 3:48 p.m. stopping at Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
Saturday & Sunday, December 24-25
On Saturday, December 24, and Sunday, December 25, the LIRR will operate on a regular weekend/holiday schedule.
Monday, December 26
The LIRR will be back on a weekday schedule on Monday, December 26, but lower, off-peak fares will be accepted all day.
Reminder: Extra Holiday Service on Weekends through New Year’s Day
As noted in timetables, the LIRR is running four extra westbound trains and six extra eastbound trains on weekends during the holiday season through New Year’s Day, Sunday, January 1. The trains are on the Babylon, Long Beach and Port Jefferson branches.
Discounted Family Fare (Off Peak & PM Peak Only)
The holidays are a great time of year to take advantage of the LIRR’s Family Fare. Up to four children (ages 5-11) can ride one-way for $1 each when accompanied by a fare-paying adult (18 years or older) on any Off-Peak or PM Peak train. Additional children pay the LIRR’s Child Fare, which is 50% off the regular adult peak fare. Children under age 5 always ride the LIRR for free.
Reminder: New Timetables Now in Effect
New LIRR timetables took effect on December 12 and will be in use through March 5. Please pick up a copy of the new timetable for your branch or see http://web.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/
For More Information
For train schedules and real-time train status, customers should download LIRRTrain Time™, the railroad’s official app available via the Apple Store for iOS devices or Google Play Store for Android along with MTA eTix™ - LIRR’s mobile ticketing app which allows customers to buy LIRR tickets on their mobile device -- anytime, anywhere. Customers can also sign up for LIRR Service Alerts via text or email by registering at www.mymtaalerts.com. Assistance is also available from the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and saying: Long Island Rail Road. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred service provider for the free 711 relay to reach the LIRR at 511.