LIRR Adding Extra Afternoon Eastbound Service on Thursday, July 3 for Customers Getting Jump on Holiday
The Long Island Rail Road wants to help you get a jump start on your holiday weekend. LIRR will provide additional early-afternoon service from Penn Station, Thursday, July 3, adding eight eastbound trains to the schedule for customers planning an early getaway for the start of the Independence Day holiday.
The extra early-afternoon trains will depart Penn Station starting at 2:08 p.m and includes three extra trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, one extra train on the Port Washington Branch and one extra train on the Far Rockaway Branch.
- 2:32 PM from Penn Station express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:00 PM from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, all stops to Babylon
- 3:31 PM from Penn Station express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
- 2:08 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:29 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
- 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck.
- 3:48 PM stopping at Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway
- 1:43 PM from Penn Station connecting at Jamaica with the train to Montauk
- 1:49 PM from Hunterspoint stopping at Jamaica, Westhampton and all stops to Montauk.
- 4:06 PM Cannonball from Penn Station express to Westhampton, then stopping at Southampton, Bridgehampton, East Hampton and Montauk.
- 5:09 PM from Penn Station will stop at Jamaica and make all stops to Montauk
- 7:11PM from Penn Station connecting at Jamaica with the train to Montauk. The Montauk train from Jamaica will stop at Patchogue, Mastic-Shirley, then all stops to Montauk.
Ronkonkoma Branch – Extra Service to Greenport
- The 3:55 PM train from Penn Station will connect at Ronkonkoma with the 5:21 PM eastbound train which has been extended to make all stops to Greenport.