Don’t Miss Metro-North’s Grand Staycation Showcase!
May 13th, 2013
Wednesday, May 22 from 11:30 AM – 6:30 PM in Vanderbilt Hall in Grand Central Terminal
This year, to get you in a vacation frame of mind close to home MTA Metro-North Railroad’s showcase will feature nearly 40 attractions, destinations and outdoor adventures and cultural venues around New York City, the Hudson Valley, Connecticut and beyond, including:
Madame Tussauds, Rye Playland, New York Botanical Garden, Inn on the Hudson in Peekskill, escapemaker.com, the Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art, the Rivertowns, Lyndhurst castle, the Taste of New Haven Food Tour, the Palisades Center Mall, Mohegan Sun, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Empire City, the Westin Grand Central Hotel, the Clearwater Festival, Scenic Hudson, the Shops at Yale, the Yale University Art Gallery, the International Festival of Arts & Ideas in New Haven, Market New Haven & New Haven’s US Tennis Open, the Robin Hood Fair in Guilford, Connecticut, the Millbrook Winery, Art Along the Hudson, PEZ Candy Inc., Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Stamford, the Westchester County Center in White Plains and the National Park Service.
Everybody needs to getaway – even if it’s for a day or overnight! So come to the Terminal to get some ideas and the possibility to win a weekend away. There will be live music, wine tasting, outdoor adventure demos and getaway sneak peeks throughout the day! There’s also a Grand Getaway Prize drawing every half hour.
Spectacular prizes include:
- Overnight stay at Foxwoods Resort Casino (Sun-Thurs. excl. all holidays)
- Overnight stay and dinner Getaway at the Inn on the Hudson
- A Friday or Saturday night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Stamford
- Ulster County Getaway Weekend
- A Family 4-Pack rides to Rye Playland
- A pair of tickets for Taste of New Haven Food Tour
- $100 American Express Gift Card to the Palisades Mall
- Four All-Access Passes to Madame Tussauds
- A pair of tickets to International Festival of Arts & Ideas
- Overnight Stay for two at Yale’s Study Hotel
- A pair of tickets to the New Haven Open
- A pair of tickets to Millbrook’s Vineyard Tour & Wine Tasting
- $25 Gift Card to Cupcake Kitchen, Irvington, NY
- Gift Basket from Empire City Casino
- Four-pack tour tickets to Lyndhurst
- Overnight stay (Sun-Thurs) plus $100 voucher towards dinner at Mohegan Sun
- Two-night weekend stay including breakfast at the Westin New York Grand Central
- Dinner for two at The LCL: Bar & Kitchen, NYC
- A pair of tickets to the Robin Hood Springtime Festival, CT
- A pair of tickets to the PRICE IS RIGHT at Westchester County Center
- A pair of tickets to Bill Cosby concert at Westchester County Center
During the Staycation Showcase, entertainment will be provided by sword swallower Johnny Fox, from the Robin Hood Springtime Festival, the Clearwater’s Power of Song, two artists from the MTA Arts for Transit’s Music Under New York program: Melissa Elledge on accordion, and Mecca Bodega, a percussive-driven world music ensemble, featuring Paul Mueller on hammered dulcimer, and many more performers. And Westchester County Center presents two rising stars vocalists Ali Isabella and Victoria Herrmann.
For more information:
Check out these New York City Getaway packages and other deals when you click on “Deals and Getaways” at mta.info/mnr
Getaway packages can be purchased at full service ticket vending machines or Metro-North ticket offices and most are available through WebTicket. All machines accept credit and debit cards. When purchasing at a ticket machine, follow these steps: select “Deals & Getaways,” then the tour or package of your choice. Ticket offices accept cash, credit and debit cards or personal checks.
For more information, customers can call 511, the New York State Travel Information Line and say: Metro-North Railroad. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay to reach Metro-North at 511.