Belmont Park Train Service Resumes
The Long Island Rail Road has restored regular service to Belmont Park thanks a partnership with the New York Racing Association. Service will run throughout the Spring-Summer Meet to Belmont Park, New York's most famous racetrack, with two round trips each racing day and extra service to the 143rd running of the Belmont Stakes on Saturday, June 11.
The LIRR's "Belmont Special" started on Friday, April 29. For the Spring-Summer Meet, LIRR customers who purchase "Belmont Package" tickets will receive a $1 discount off the regular $3 admission
"This is a unique agreement that brings in new revenue for the LIRR while restoring an important service for customers," said LIRR President Helena E. Williams. "We are grateful that The New York Racing Association has stepped up to bring back a service that the LIRR could no longer afford to provide on our own in the current financial climate. The LIRR has been taking racing fans to Belmont for decades and we hope this new partnership between our organizations will continue for decades to come."
NYRA President and CEO Charles Hayward said: "We are thrilled to partner with the Long Island Rail Road to provide daily train service to and from Belmont Park for the upcoming meet. This will allow easy and convenient access for customers in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens that want to enjoy an afternoon of racing at Belmont."
Belmont Park Post Time is 1:00 PM (except Fridays July 1, 8 & 15 only when the Post Time is 3 PM)
LIRR Service to Belmont Park
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
• 11:58 AM from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside at 12:09 PM and Jamaica at 12:20 PM will arrive at Belmont Park at 12:32 PM.
• 1:13 PM from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside at 1:24 PM, and Jamaica 1:40 PM will arrive at Belmont Park at 1:53 PM.
• 3:42 PM from Belmont Park, stopping at Jamaica at 3:55 PM and Woodside at 4:15 PM will arrive at Penn Station at 4:25 PM.
• 6 PM train from Belmont Park, stopping at Jamaica at 6:12 PM and Woodside at 6:24PM will arrive at Penn Station at 6:34 PM.
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays
• 11:58 AM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside at 12:09 PM and Jamaica at 12:18 PM will arrive at Belmont Park at 12:32 PM.
• 1:16 PM train from Penn Station, stopping at Woodside at 1:28 PM and Jamaica at 1:37 PM will arrive at Belmont Park at 1:54 PM.
• 4:27 PM train from Belmont Park, stopping at Jamaica at 4:40 PM and Woodside at 5:10 PM will arrive at Penn Station at 5:09 PM
• 6:27 PM train from Belmont Park, stopping at Jamaica at 6:40 PM, Woodside at 6:51 PM will arrive at Penn Station at 7:02 PM.
Belmont Package tickets are available at LIRR Touch Screen ticket machines at stations – just press the "Deals & Getaways" button on the first screen; then select "Belmont Park." Payment can be made with cash, ATM/Debit or Credit Cards. The LIRR ticket office at its Belmont station is closed and there are no ticket machines at Belmont.
For additional information, racing fans can contact the LIRR's Travel Information Center at 718-217-5477 (718-217-LIRR). If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 718-217-5477. Customers can also consult Belmont Park schedules or "Deals & Getaways" on the LIRR's website.