Title VI Policy and Complaint Procedures
NYC Transit and MTA Bus Company are committed to providing non-discriminatory service to ensure that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in the receipt of their services on the basis of race, color or national origin as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ("Title VI").
Toward that end, it is our objective to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color or national origin
- Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low-income populations
- Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision making
- Prevent the denial, reduction of delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations
- Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by people with limited English proficiency.
NYC Transit and MTA Bus have developed a Language Assistance Plan for people with limited English proficiency. Upon request, free language assistance is provided in over 160 languages and is available by calling 511, the New York State transit and traffic line. Click here for more information and hours of operation.
To request more information about Title VI
you may contact:
NYC Transit Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, 130 Livingston St, 3rd floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201; for MTA Bus Title VI complaints, contact MTA Bus Company, Chief Officer-Special Investigations and System Security, Eastchester Depot, 3320 Hutchison Avenue, Bronx, NY 10475.
For information about NYC Transit Title VI Complaint Procedures and/or to obtain an NYC Transit Title VI Complaint form click here.
For information about MTA Bus Title VI Complaint Procedures and/or to obtain an MTA Bus Title VI Complaint form click here.
In addition to your right to file a complaint with NYCT Transit or MTA Bus Company, you have the right to file a Title VI complaint with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration, Office of Civil Rights. The regional office is located at One Bowling Green, Room 429, New York, NY 10004-1415.
- Google Translate