Why get coffee and answer phones for the networks when you can get real experience in TV production as an on camera reporter, script assistant, field producer, and production assistant? The requirements are that you must:
- be a student during the time you are in the internship
- be a full-time matriculated junior, senior, or graduate student majoring in Broadcasting Journalism or Television Production
- have excellent verbal communications
- have above 2.5 average as an undergrad and 3.0 for graduate students
- be able to commit a minimum of 14 hours per week.
If you are interested, please apply online at www.mta.info/nyct/hr/projects.htm. Click on “Communications” on the Internship Categories page, review Project Numbers CC200, CC201, and CC202, and complete the Student Information Form on the Internship Categories page to apply online.
Prospective interns should have the ability to tell a story on camera and look professional. Story projects are assigned to the reporters with deadlines. Besides reporting other responsibilities consist of researching development, scriptwriting and editing. Familiarity with ENG/ EFP equipment and videotape editing is helpful.
SCRIPT ASSISTANT/ FIELD PRODUCER
Produce, research and prepare scripts for broadcast television. Also produce both in-house and public presentations. Knowledge of Word processing applications, scriptwriting applications, video production process and post-production process is preferred.
Field production in camera operation, lighting and sound. Work with staff in pre-production, production and post-produciton in compliting assigned projects.