The MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide additional early-afternoon service from Penn Station, Wednesday, July 3, adding eight eastbound trains to the schedule for customers planning an early getaway for the start of the Independence Day holiday.
The extra early-afternoon trains will depart Penn Station starting at 2:08 PM and includes three extra trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, one extra train on the Port Washington Branch and one extra train on the Far Rockaway Branch.
(LIRR customers are reminded that the Railroad will be operating on a Sunday/holiday schedule on the Fourth of July.)
Added Afternoon Eastbound Trains for Wednesday, July 3
The following service has been added to the eastbound afternoon schedule:
- 2:32 PM from Penn Station express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:00 PM from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, all stops to Babylon
- 3:31 PM from Penn Station express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch
- 2:08 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:29 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch
- 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway
Additional Service, Wednesday, July 3 to Montauk and Greenport
Customers are reminded that the following eastbound trains, which normally run only on summer Fridays, will also operate on Wednesday, including the Montauk Cannonball (which will also run on Friday, as scheduled).
- 1:49 PM from Hunterspoint Avenue stopping at Jamaica, Westhampton and all stops to Montauk.
- 4:07 PM Cannonball from Penn Station, stopping only at Westhampton, Southampton, Bridgehampton, East Hampton and Montauk.
- 5:09 PM from Penn Station will stop at Jamaica and make all stops to Montauk
- 7:11PM from Penn Station will stop at Jamaica, Bellport, Speonk, Westhampton and all stations to Montauk.
- The 5:21 PM train from Ronkonkoma to Yaphank has been extended to make all stops to Greenport.
For More Information
Customers can contact the LIRR's Customer Service Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and saying: Long Island Rail Road. Customers can also visit the LIRR’s website at www.mta.info/lirr. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511.