LIRR to Provide Additional Service for Start of Passover and Good Friday Eight Additional Trains Will Run on Monday, March 25, and Friday, March 29 On Monday, March 25, and Friday, March 29, the Long Island Rail Road will operate a regular weekday schedule with eight additional eastbound trains departing Penn Station between 2:08 p.m. and 3:48 p.m., for customers leaving work early in observance of Passover or Good Friday. There will be three additional trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, one on the Port Washington Branch, and one on the Far Rockaway Branch.
The extra afternoon departures from Penn Station are as follows:
• 2:29 p.m. express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
• 3:00 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
• 3:31 p.m. express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Port Jefferson Branch
• 2:08 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
• 2:32 p.m. stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to
• 3:24 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch
• 3:40 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
• 3:48 p.m. express to Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
For additional schedule information, customers can contact the LIRR's Travel Information Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and say: Long Island Rail Road. Customers can also visit the LIRR's website at www.mta.info/lirr. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511.