MTA Long Island Rail Road will operate eight additional afternoon eastbound trains tomorrow (Friday, February 8) to accommodate customers who wish to head home early in anticipation of the coming winter storm. Customers are urged to take advantage of this service because the possibility exists that regular evening schedule may need to be curtailed. If snow accumulations reach between 10-13 inches, the LIRR may have to suspend service for safety of customers and to give LIRR crews chance to clear snow from tracks and third rail.
The extra trains will supplement the LIRR regular off-peak service. Seven of the additional trains will depart from Penn Station between 2:09 PM and 3:48 PM on the Babylon, Port Jefferson, Port Washington and Far Rockaway Branches. Also, a regularly scheduled train from Huntington destined for Port Jefferson will originate instead from Jamaica at 1:46 PM.
Here is a list of the trains being added to the schedule.
- The 2:32 PM train from Penn Station due in Babylon at 3:45 PM, running express to Lynbrook and then all local stops to Babylon.
- The 3:00 PM train from Penn Station due in Babylon at 4:12 PM with stops at Jamaica and Rockville Centre and then all local stops to Babylon.
- The 3:31 PM train from Penn Station due in Babylon at 4:39 PM, running express to Rockville Centre and then all local stops to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch
- The 1:46 PM train from Jamaica due in Port Jefferson at 3:37 PM.
- The 2:09 PM train from Penn Station due in Huntington at 3:09 PM with stops at Jamaica and Carle Place and then all local stops to Huntington
- The 2:29 PM train from Penn Station due in Huntington at 3:35 PM with stops at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park and then all local stops to Huntington.
- The 3:24 PM train from Penn Station due in Hicksville at 4:05 PM with stops at Jamaica, Mineola Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch
- The 3:40 PM train from Penn Station due in Great Neck at 4:15 PM with stops at Woodside, Flushing Main St. and then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
- The 3:48 PM train from Penn Station due in Far Rockaway at 4:43 PM running express to Locust Manor and then all stops to Far Rockaway.
For More Information
For the latest information on train service, customers should go to www.mta.info or monitor LIRR service alerts via email. Customers can also call 511, the New York State Travel Information line, and say: Long Island Rail Road. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511.