August 26, 2014
Long Island Rail Road Adding 8 Early Afternoon Eastbound Trains on Friday, August 29 to Speed Your Getaway for the Labor Day Weekend
Running on Weekend Schedule Sat., Aug. 30 & Sun., Aug 31 & Holiday Schedule on Labor Day
MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide eight additional early-afternoon trains from Penn Station on Friday, August 29, for customers planning to get away early to start the Labor Day Weekend. There will be three extra Babylon trains, three extra Port Jefferson Branch trains, one extra train on the Port Washington Branch and one extra train to Far Rockaway.
Extra Train Service from Penn Station, Friday, August 29
- 2:32 p.m. train from Penn Station express to Lynbrook, and then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:00 p.m. train from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:31 p.m. train from Penn Station express to Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon.
Port Jefferson Branch (to Hicksville and Huntington)
- 2:08 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:29 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch (to Great Neck)
- 3:40 p.m. from Penn Station stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, and then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 p.m. express from Penn Station to Locust Manor, then all local stops to Far Rockaway
Weekend Schedule - Saturday, August 30 & Sunday, August 31
- On Saturday, August 30 and Sunday, August 31, the Long Island Rail Road will be operating on a regular Weekend Schedule.
Holiday Schedule – Labor Day, Monday, September 1
- On Labor Day, Monday, September 1, the Long Island Rail Road will operate on a Holiday Schedule.
Montauk/Hamptons Travel Advisory for Labor Day Weekend
- Over the Labor Day Weekend the following afternoon and evening westbound trains from Montauk and the Hamptons, which normally operate on summer Sundays, will operate instead on Labor Day, Monday, September 1. They will not operate on Sunday, August 31. Those trains are the 1:31 p.m. from Montauk, the 3:08 p.m. from Bridgehampton, the 4 p.m. from Montauk, the 6:37 p.m. (Cannonball West) from Montauk and the 8:36 p.m. from Montauk
- The regular Monday-only westbound train leaving Montauk at 7:01 a.m. and arriving at Hunterspoint Ave. at 9:57 a.m. will instead operate on Tuesday, September 2.
For Additional Information
For additional information, customers should go to www.mta.info/lirr. For up-to-the-minute service info, customers can download the LIRR’s Train Time app at http://web.mta.info/lirr/traintimeapp/ or sign up for the LIRR’s free E-alerts at http://www.mymtaalerts.com/LoginC.aspx.Customers can also contact the LIRR’s Travel Information Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and say: Long Island Rail Road. If you are hearing impaired, use your preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511