May 20, 2014
Long Island Rail Road Adding Extra Trains for Memorial Day Weekend
Holiday Getaway Starts Friday with Extra Early PM Eastbound Service
MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide eight additional early-afternoon train service from Penn Station on Friday, May 23 for customers planning an early start to the Memorial Day Weekend.
- 2:32 PM express to Lynbrook, and then all stops to Babylon
- 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch
- 2:08 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:29 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch
- 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., and then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor then all stops to Far Rockaway.
For More Information:
Consult the LIRR website at www.mta.info/lirr or customers may call the LIRR Customer Service Center at 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and say “Long Island Rail Road,” when prompted. The deaf or hard of hearing can use their preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach the LIRR at 511.