March 11, 2014
MTA LIRR Schedules Extra Train Service on St. Patrick's Day, Monday, March 17
Alcohol Banned Aboard Trains 12:01 AM Monday till 5 AM Tuesday
MTA Long Island Rail Road has scheduled 14 extra trains - six AM westbound and eight PM eastbound - to accommodate thousands of LIRR customers who will be traveling to and from the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City on Monday, March 17.
The additional trains will supplement the LIRR’s regular weekday schedule.
No Alcoholic Beverages Allowed
In an effort to maintain orderly travel for customers, alcoholic beverages will not be permitted on trains, platforms or at stations from 12:01 AM, Monday, March 17 through 5:00 AM, Tuesday, March 18. Any alcoholic beverages found by MTA Police on trains, stations and platforms will be confiscated by MTA Police.
Buy Your Tickets Before Boarding the Train
LIRR customers can buy round trip tickets including MetroCards for connecting subway and bus service in advance in order to save time and avoid lines at LIRR ticket windows and ticket machines and New York City Transit MetroCard windows and ticket machines. Customers purchasing tickets onboard the train will be charged the higher step-up price,
The following trains are being added to the regular weekday schedule:
6 Extra AM Westbound Trains to Penn Station
· 9:23 AM train from Wantagh making all stops through Rockville Centre, then stopping at Jamaica and New York
· 9:48 AM train from Wantagh making all stops through Rockville Centre, then stopping at Jamaica and New York.
Port Jefferson Branch
· 9 AM train from Hicksville, stopping at Westbury, Mineola, Merillon Ave, New Hyde Park, Jamaica, and New York.
· 10:15 AM from Huntington, stopping at Hicksville, Jamaica, and Penn Station
· 9:27 AM from Farmingdale, stopping at Bethpage, Hicksville, Mineola, Jamaica, and Penn Station
8 Extra PM Eastbound Trains from Penn Station
· 2:32 PM running express to Lynbrook, then making all stops to Babylon.
· 3 PM train to Babylon making stops at Jamaica, Rockville Centre and all local stops to Babylon
· 3:31 PM running express to Rockville Centre, then making all local stops to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch
· 2:08 PM train to Huntington stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Carle Place and making all stops to Huntington.
· 2:29 PM train to Huntington, stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, and making all stops to Huntington.
· 3:24 PM train to Hicksville stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch
· 3:40 PM train to Great Neck, stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main Street and making all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch
· 3:48 PM train to Far Rockaway stopping at Locust Manor and making all stops to Far Rockaway
For More Information
For the latest information on train service, customers should go to www.mta.info where they can also sign up for LIRR service alerts via email or text message. Customers can also call 511, the New York State Travel Information line, and say: Long Island Rail Road. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider or the free 711 relay to reach LIRR