February 12, 2014
MTA Service on Presidents’ Day Holiday
Most Services to Operate on Saturday Schedules
Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) trains and buses will operate on special schedules in observance of Presidents’ Day on Monday.
New York City Subways and Buses
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17, New York City subways and buses will operate on a Saturday schedule with some planned service changes:
- trains are not running. Customer can use service in Brooklyn and Manhattan and service and shuttle buses in the Bronx.
- The train is extended to Utica Av/New Lots Av replacing service.
- weekend work is extended through Monday; trains operate only between Times Square and Mets-Willets Point.
- A weekend work is extended through Monday; trains operate in two sections – 207 St to Jay St-MetroTech and Utica Av to Lefferts Blvd/Far Rockaway. Shuttle buses between Jay St-MetroTech and Utica Av.
- Other weekend track work diversions will extend through Monday. Details will be posted at www.mta.info.
As a reminder, on a Saturday schedule, these subway changes are in place:
- There is no express service on the or
- The train does not operate; use the or instead.
- M trains operate only between Myrtle Avenue (Broadway), Brooklyn, and Metropolitan Avenue, Queens.
- The train does not operate; use the which runs between Jamaica Center and Chambers Street.
Long Island Rail Road
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17, MTA Long Island Rail Road will operate on a holiday schedule with one extra westbound morning train being added on the Ronkonkoma Branch. The train will depart from Ronkonkoma 7:10 a.m. and make all local stops to Hicksville, then stop at Jamaica and Woodside before arriving at Penn Station at 8:28 a.m.
Because trains will operate on a holiday schedule, there will be no service on the West Hempstead Branch, nor east of Ronkonkoma. Off peak fares will be in effect all day.
Regularly scheduled eastbound and westbound trains will have added cars to accommodate additional passengers.
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17, MTA Metro-North Railroad will operate on a Saturday schedule. Hudson Rail Link, the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and the Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry, will not operate. The north end exits to Grand Central at 46th-48th Streets will be closed.
Staten Island Railway
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 17, MTA Staten Island Railway will operate on a Sunday schedule. There will be no early Get Away schedule for the Friday before the holiday weekend.
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
On Friday, February 14, MTA Bridges and Tunnels will suspend all routine construction at 1 p.m. to ease travel for motorists who may be heading home early in anticipation of the three-day holiday weekend.
Real-Time Service Updates
The most up-to-date information on MTA service status is always available at www.mta.info. For immediate notice of service changes, sign up for email or text alerts at www.mymtaalerts.com. For weekend subway service changes, visit www.mta.info/weekender.