January 17, 2014
FASTRACK Comes to the E F M R Queens Blvd Line
On Monday, January 20, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK to the lines in Manhattan and Queens. From 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, January 20 to early Friday morning, January 24, E service will be suspended between Roosevelt Av and World Trade Center. service will be suspended between Roosevelt Av and 21 St-Queensbridge. service will end early between 71 Av and Essex St each night. service will end early between 71 Av and Whitehall St each night.
· Take the between Manhattan and 74 St/Roosevelt Av or Queensboro Plaza.
· Take the between Manhattan and Queensboro Plaza.
· In Manhattan, transfer at 5 Av/42 St-Bryant Pk Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority , and 34 St-Herald Sq .
· Take the between Queens Plaza and 71 Av. When service ends, E trains run local between Queens Plaza and 71 Av until 10 PM. After 10 PM, take the Local between Roosevelt Av and 71 Av.
· In Manhattan along 8 Avenue, take the Local or instead of the
· Along 53 St, use the or nearby and stations instead.
· Free shuttle buses run local between Queensboro Plaza and 74 St-Roosevelt Av making station stops at Queens Plaza, 36 St, Steinway St, 46 St, Northern Blvd, and 65 St.
· In Queens, transfer between shuttle buses and trains at 74 St-Roosevelt Av or Queensboro Plaza
FASTRACK has been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web
FASTRACK was introduced in January 2012, devoting four straight weeknights to perform maintenance work in tunnels, stations and on tracks, completely suspending service within a given line segment for a seven-hour period between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., allowing an army of maintenance workers to perform dozens of tasks.
Our next FASTRACK overnight closure will be on the Eastern Parkway Line, between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Franklin Av beginning Monday night January 27 and ending early Friday morning, January 31.