February 27, 2014
FASTRACK Comes to the N Q R Lines
On Monday, March 3, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK to the stations in Manhattan. For four consecutive weeknights from Monday, March 3, to early Friday morning, March 7, trains will not stop at stations in Manhattan. trains run in Queens and Brooklyn only, Q trains are rerouted via the 6 Av Line in Manhattan to/from the 57 St station, and service ends early in Manhattan and Queens.
1. Use nearby stations on the 8 Av AE, 7 Av 12, 6 Av DFQ, and Lexington Av 46 lines instead.
2. Take the for service between Queens and Manhattan.
3. Make key transfers between trains at Queensboro Plaza , 5 Av/42 St-Bryant Pk , Jay St-MetroTech AFN, and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr .
4. trains make local stops between Court St and 59 St, Brooklyn.
trains will operate as follows:
Two sections (Queens and Brooklyn) as follows:
• Between Ditmars Blvd and Queensboro Plaza
• Between Stillwell Av and the Court St station.
trains rerouted via the in Manhattan as follows:
• Manhattan-bound: After DeKalb Av, trains run via the to 47-50 Sts, then to the 57 St station, the last stop.
• Coney Island-bound: Trains originate at the 57 St station then run via the to Brooklyn.
Regular Coney Island-bound service resumes at DeKalb Av.
train service end early in Manhattan and Queens as follows:
• The last train to Whitehall St leaves 71 Av at about 8:53 p.m.
• The last train to 71 Av leaves Whitehall St at about 9:53 p.m.
• In Brooklyn, shuttle service between 36 St and 95 St starts early.
FASTRACK has been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web at http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_NQR.htm
FASTRACK was introduced in January 2012, devoting four straight weeknights to perform maintenance work in tunnels, stations and on tracks, completely suspending service within a given line segment for a seven-hour period between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m., allowing an army of maintenance workers to perform dozens of tasks.
Our next FASTRACK overnight closure will be on 6 Av corridor on the between 14 St and 57 St beginning Monday night March 10, and ending early Friday morning, March 14.