MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK back to Upper Manhattan along the lines. trains will be suspended in both directions between 59th Street and Inwood-207th Street and trains will be suspended between 59th Street and 161st Street-Yankee Stadium from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, November 18 to early Friday morning, November 22. and service will end early each night. As an alternative, customers should take the trains, the M4, Bx12 or Bx19 buses and free shuttle bus service.
- service will operate between Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway and 59th Street-Columbus Circle.
- service will operate in two sections, between 205th Street and 161st Street-Yankees Stadium and between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and Stillwell Avenue.
- customers should take the for service between Midtown and Washington Heights.
- customers should take the and for service between Midtown and the Bronx.
- For Central Park West, customers may use nearby and stations along Broadway.
- In Washington Heights, customers may use nearby stations along St. Nicholas Avenue.
- The 42nd Street shuttle will operate through the night.
Additional connecting service is available with free shuttle buses and M4, Bx12 and Bx19 buses at select stations. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web at http://web.mta.info//nyct/service/fastrack_ACBD.htm.
There will be two more FASTRACK closures in 2013. The next will be a weekend FASTRACK on the and lines on November 23 and 24 between Stillwell Avenue and the Bay Parkway and the 86th Street stations. The final weeknight 2013 FASTRACK will be on the line between West 4th Street and Jay Street/Metro-Tech from December 2 to 6.