On Monday, October 14, 2013, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK back to Queens on the Line. There will be no service between Roosevelt Av. and World Trade Center and no service between Roosevelt Av. and 21 St-Queensbridge from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, October 14 to early Friday morning, October 18. service ends early each night between Forest Hills-71 Av and Myrtle Av. service ends early each night between Forest Hills-71 Av and Whitehall St.
- Take the between Manhattan and 74 St/Roosevelt Av or Queensboro Plaza;
- Take the between Manhattan and Queensboro Plaza;
- In Manhattan along 8 Av, take the Local or instead of the .
- Along 53 St, use the or nearby 6 and service instead.
- In Manhattan, transfer at 5 Av/42 St-Bryant Pk , Times Sq-42 St/42 St-Port Authority , and 34 St-Herald Sq .
- Take the between Queens Plaza and 71 Av. When service ends, trains run local between Queens Plaza and 71 Av until 10 PM. After 10 PM, take the Local between Roosevelt Av and 71 Av.
- Free shuttle buses run LOCAL between Queensboro Plaza and 74 St/Roosevelt Av, making station stops at Queens Plaza, 36 St, Steinway St, 46 St, Northern Blvd, and 65 St.
- In Queens, transfer between shuttle buses and trains at 74 St/Roosevelt Av or Queensboro Plaza .
These FASTRACK efforts have been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web at http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_EFMR.htm.