On Monday, September 9, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK back to the Upper East Side of Manhattan on the , , and Lines. All Lexington Avenue trains run express in both directions between 125th Street and Grand Central-42nd Street making stops at 59th Street and 86th Street from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, September 9 to early Friday morning, September 13.
- Customers should use the M101 Limited buses for local service between 125th Street and Grand Central-42nd Street.
- Downtown buses run on Lexington Avenue.
- Uptown buses run on 3rd Avenue.
- Customers may transfer between M101 Limited buses and 4 or 6 trains at 125th Street, 86th Street, 59th Street and Grand Central-42nd Street.
service in Manhattan ends early each night. For service, customers:
- In Manhattan, may take the or
- In the Bronx, take the
- Transfer between the and at East 180th Street.
- Transfer between the and at 149th Street-Grand Concourse.
Our last FASTRACK on the Lexington Avenue line was in May. At that time, hundreds of Transit maintenance workers completed vital work along the tracks between Grand Central-42nd Street and 125th Street. Some of their accomplishments included:
- 10,412 bags of debris removed;
- 231,500 pounds of scrap material removed;
- Muck and mud scraped from 29,012 feet of concrete roadbed;
- 11 new rails installed;
- Serviced 11 cut sections, 2 track switches and 53 signals;
- 34 Signals tested, 12 switches tested;
- Bulbs replaced in 211 tunnel lights and 716 station lights;
- 131 columns painted;
- 195 power substation components serviced;
- Corrected 434 third rail defects. Cleaned, scraped 12,930 feet under and around the third rail;
These FASTRACK efforts have been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web at http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_456.htm.
Our next FASTRACK overnight closure will be the first on Central Park West, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., on four consecutive weeknights beginning Monday, September 16 and ending early morning Friday, September 20. There will be no train service between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and 168th Street and no service between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and 161st Street-Yankee Stadium. and service will end early each night. Customers may take the , , or trains, free shuttle buses and/or special Bx19 bus service as alternatives. The 42nd Street subway shuttle will operate through the night. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web at